Swimming Lessons @ Grand Traverse County Civic Center
Ages: 0 and up
Cost: Swimming Lessons vary by class. Daily Fees - County Residents: Adults $4.75, Senior/Youth $3.75; Out-of-County Residents: Adults $6.25, Senior/Youth $5.00 - Memberships are also available .
Parking: Yes - Parking lot
The Easling Pool at the Grand Traverse Civic Center features 82 degree temperature, 6 lanes, shallow puddle, water basketball, party rooms, family changing room and sauna. The Civic Center offers an array of swimming lessons from parent/toddler to teen/adult skills classes.
- Parent/Toddler (6mo-3yo) - Water adjustment class for parent and child. Basic skills introduced with games and songs. Swim diaper and parent participation required.
- Pre-school Polliwog - For the non-swimmer. Students will learn to be comfortable in the water by learning to get their face wet, holding their breath, and hold basic body positions with assistance.
- Pre-school Turtle - Students who are already comfortable in the water will learn to float, glide, and kick on their front and back. They will begin to perform skills without assistance.
- Pre-school Minnow - Arm strokes and combined skills on back are emphasized.
- Pre-school Fish - The focus will be on developing front crawl skills, an introduction to elementary backstroke, and treading water. Swimmers will also begin to perform skills at longer distances.
- School Age Level 1-2 - Students who are already comfortable in the water learn to float, glide, and kick on their front and back. They will also begin to perform skills without assistance.
- School Age Level 2.5-3 - The focus will be on developing front crawl skills, an introduction to elementary backstroke, andtreading water. Swimmers will also begin to perform skills at longer distances. Elementary back- stroke is also introduced.
- School Age 3.5 - Continued stroke refinement on strokes already introduced. Breaststroke and diving are introduced.
- School Age Level 4-5 - This level focuses on stroke proficiency and increased endurance. Survival skills, flip turns and sidestroke are introduced.
- Teen/Adult Swimming Skills - All levels welcome. You will learn fundamental water skills, stroke development improvement and refinement.
- Private & Semi-Private Lessons -Pprivate and semi-private swim lessons are available for those who are looking for a speedier or more individualized swim program. The lessons are available during the regular swim lesson programs and during open swim and lap swim hours when an instructor is available.
- Specialy: Lunch Bunch - This swimming program provides group training, written workouts, and coaching for all levels of adult swimmers, from recreational exercisers to triathletes. Train for an event or just come and enjoy a structured workout! Swimmers in this group should be able to swim a minimum of 50 yards.